Friday, November 9, 2007

With open arms, I welcome my baby girl!

Finally! After nine months of anxious waiting, our sweet lil girl decided she wanted out of mom's tummy earlier than expected. She was due supposedly on 23 Nov 07, but alas 9 Nov 07 she chose instead.

Now before I continue, pls do not be offended if you did not receive the joyous sms announcing the birth of my daughter. I lost my hp two weeks back and thus do not have many of your phone numbers. Therefore, my sincerest apologies.

Anyway, my usual procastinating self did not prepare in advance for Melody's arrival despite repeated reminders from my wife. I merely assumed that I had plenty of time considering the fact that the 23 Nov was not exactly a day after deepavali. Unfortunately, the missus started to sense something was amiss and told me rather calmly that she had a bad feeling and her delivery bag needed to be packed. Somehow I kinda shared her sentiments and a mad rush began with all the packing, but well my laid back self once again emerged and soon I was lying in bed, not having the slightest sensing of what was to happen in the next few hours.

If I do recall correctly, it was about 1am when the missus began to show obvious signs of labour and stress began to set in. There was to be no sleep.............the missus and i would soon find ourselves bleary eyed (it was 4am!) and watching cartoons in a delivery suite at the good ole KKH! Now it would be totally impossible to describe in writing the delivery process, so to cut an interesting story short, our dear sweet melody pop out into this world at exactly 1222Hrs weighing at 2990grams.

I must say, for a guy like me, holding her was pretty much an overwhelming experience. Totally surreal and as if I was just living a dream instead.

Next up some photos.................................................
Digg ThisAdd To Del.icio.us Add To Furl Add To Reddit Fav This With Technorati Add To Yahoo MyWeb Add To Newsvine Add To Google Bookmarks Add To Bloglines Add To Ask Add To Windows Live Add To Slashdot Stumble This

No comments: