Thursday, May 1, 2008

We've gotten a maid.

We have finally gotten a maid. Despite my almost-violent protests and objections, I succumbed to the missus' pleas and agreed. It has been almost a week since Susan (our maid) arrived and I must admit that I am pretty pleased. She is extremely hardworking and seems capable enough. Though I still kind of feel uncomfortable with another stranger in the house, but hopefully I will get used to it as time goes by. The good thing is that I have a bit more time now that Susan does all the housework, therefore I should be posting more frequently from now on.

Getting a maid has been quite positive, but it has also made me realise one thing. I am quite the protective and "jealous" parent. I found myself getting upset cause my lil princess was spending more time with the missus and the maid than with me. Well I work and that can't be helped (for now.......for those who are in the know, you get my point) and baby melody sleeps at about 8pm. Therefore, I only get about 1 to 2 hours of bonding time with her. Hmmmm with all I have heard about the power of a mother's love, I guess a father's love can be quite potent as well!

Apologies for all the rantings..................this blog is solely devoted to my lil princess melody and I shall try to keep it this way.
Melody is turning 6 months in a couple of days and she has indeed grown. She currently weighs in at a hefty 8-plus kg and seems to have a boundless amount of energy. Jumping and jumping, turning and turning..............plus (the cutest thing to me now) her incessant babblings! Cliched maybe................but it just warms my heart and brings a smile to my face no matter how shitty the day has been.
We just had to splurge on our lil princess. I have gone on this insane "my melody acquisition" spree.................apart from the enormous My Melody that you see, I also bought the full set of two-plates-one fork-one spoon-two mugs that Kiddy Palace carried..............all with MY MELODY PRINTED ON IT!

We have also started Melody on some solids...............something she totally loves! Feed her a tad too slowly and she will not hesitate to show her displeasure!

We are also training her to feed herself................heh but it appears she has yet to understand that its either the bottle or the hand........not both at once!.......


Digg ThisAdd To Del.icio.us Add To Furl Add To Reddit Fav This With Technorati Add To Yahoo MyWeb Add To Newsvine Add To Google Bookmarks Add To Bloglines Add To Ask Add To Windows Live Add To Slashdot Stumble This

No comments: