Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Parenting Stress

I think I am suffering the parenting blues.

Don't get me wrong, though it is why I haven't been posting lately, but I have been thoroughly enjoying parenthood. Baby Melody is growing by the minute, and getting more and more active by the day. It is really amazing to watch how a fragile baby transform to a "super" bouncer who just can't wait to hit the ground running. Life itself is indeed a mysterious thing.

At the same time, I have begun to find myself overwhelmed by some sort of stress. It is terrible but somehow I find myself worrying more and more. My daughter is my responsibility and it is like a huge "burden" (don't know if it is the best word) is pressing on me. But ironically I personally find it a happy burden/worry.

Let me explain:

The stresses of parenthood that have overwhelmed me has mainly to do with Melody's well-being. From the cliched worry if I can provide financially for her, to the fears of SIDS (google it if you don't know, I can't bring myself to type it) I seem to have morphed into a kan cheong (worry wort) parent. Yet despite this, I relish every moment and have not hated a single moment of worry. Sigh.....such is the irony of parenthood.

Oh well.........update on Melody. She is growing well and can now turn (and turn and turn) as well as sit up quite well.

She even insists on feeding herself! Talk about being independent!


You heard about different teaching methods and situations where both parents have different ideas of what to teach their children. Well:


The missus has great aspirations for Melody and is teaching her to sing!

While I have decided to start with the basics of BLOWING BUBBLES!!!!

And to end off.......................................................


Such welcoming smiles when I reach home soothes even the toughest of days!
Digg ThisAdd To Del.icio.us Add To Furl Add To Reddit Fav This With Technorati Add To Yahoo MyWeb Add To Newsvine Add To Google Bookmarks Add To Bloglines Add To Ask Add To Windows Live Add To Slashdot Stumble This

No comments: